Sunday, December 25, 2011

the other Christmas quiz

The San Francisco Chronicle's geography quiz.

I always find most of this one very easy, but it's still fun to do. I got 32 of the 50 questions right without even having to think about it, and another five with having to think for a moment about it. (I particularly liked no. 21 as a brain-teaser.) Three I guessed right; four more I semi-got or partially got, and I might as well clarify the intent of no. 6 by saying that by "likely to have residents older than the states themselves" they do mean centenarians. I was figuring it was a trick question applying to long-lived trees, but if I'd been sure they meant exceedingly old humans I'd have gotten it right. Five more I didn't know (no. 44: I did not know that) and only one (no. 34) did I get wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment