Sunday, March 22, 2015

movies with unexpected reactions

W. Oliver Stone's bio-pic. I'd avoided this because I generally dislike wide-ranging highlight-spotting bio-pics, but I noticed it on Netflix streaming and said, why not. To my surprise, I liked it, especially the more continuous running thread of the decision to invade Iraq, because it shows how they could have done such a thing and depicts even such cretins as Cheney and Rumsfeld (amusingly played by the almost-unrecognizable Richard Dreyfuss and Scott Glenn, respectively) as actual people and not the collections of tics that more journalistic accounts show them as.

Beasts of the Southern Wild. Highly-regarded film which I determined to see because I'll be in that part of the world soon. Got about 20 minutes in to it. Not for me, sorry. Just not.

No comments:

Post a Comment