Monday, April 27, 2015

and now the news

So here's the news report on the Silicon Valley Music Festival. Effective next year, they're changing their name and switching to a schedule spread over the year. The event that I attended was basically a fund-raising launch.

One of the announcements was that information is available at the new website, but if you check it now, it merely redirects to the old website, on which they don't even have this year's festival schedule up yet, though it says that will be available in March. I told the artistic director at the gathering that their biggest need is for effective publicity, and this is an example of what I mean by the lack of it.

Nevertheless, it's my job as a music journalist to help publicize notable events, so I assured him that we'd run this squib which I came intending to write. I expressed the reference to the website in the future tense; I didn't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment